Menu
Lisa_CC
Message 11 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Must Restart Tivo Box to Make Netflix Work

Is it both the Channel 204 and the App that throws the error Hemjefferies? Does the Prime App / channel 205 show the same error? I've checked your network details and cannot find any issues with it, all levels are fine and there are no errors. Can I ask how your V6 box is connected to the internet? It's currently offline so I'm unable to check the V6 box's details.

I've checked your WiFi details and your 2.4Ghz looks a bit spotty so it could be a factor. Is the V6 box really far from the Hub?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Hemjefferies
Tuning in
Message 12 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, it's both the channel and the app that are having intermittent problems and the hub is about 6 inches away from the V6 box connected via wifi. 

H

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 13 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, I can see that the 2.4Ghz is spotty and devices may have problems connecting to it. I've ordered a replacement Hub to be sent to you and it should take about 5 days to arrive so please look out for it. You may find the order details via your online account and let us know if you have any problems with it. 

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Steeevvvooo
Joining in
Message 14 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa. Still having issues here too but I didn't get a reply above. Also, the last couple of days my broadband has been dropping and the hub needs to be reset. I need to keep turning wifi off on my phone to get any sort of data for example. Not sure if it's connected to the streaming problem but it's really annoying when trying to work from home.

0 Kudos
Hemjefferies
Tuning in
Message 15 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Lisa, the intermittent connection on my laptop and phone are also driving me mad and whilst I'm trying to do Zoom calls and work from home it isn't great.  Will see if the new hub fixes it, however, I was told on the phone last week there was an intermittent problem in my area, is that not true?  

KR

Helen

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Hemjefferies,

Thanks for coming back to us last week.

Can you please advise me if you've been able to have a more stable connection since a new hub has been issued? 

In regards to Netflix and Amazon Prime - are titles now running as expected? I'd be curious - if you are still struggling, if you can attempt to connect to the V6 box via an Ethernet cable?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Hemjefferies
Tuning in
Message 17 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi David, I haven't come across the same issues with Netflix and Prime yet but to be honest I haven't tried to watch anything as yet.  However, I still have the same issues with wifi intermittently dropping out on multiple devices.  My computer, phone and Amazon Echo have all been particularly bad this afternoon so the Hub hasn't solved these issues and I suspect therefore, it won't have solved the TV connection either.

KR

Helen

0 Kudos
erant1
Settling in
Message 18 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I just joined this forum, as I have the same issue with my Tivo Bolt Vox Series 6, connected to a high speed network via Ethernet, and using a cable card. Approximately 75% of the time, I must reboot the box in order to watch Netflix or Amazon Prime. All other services, including Hulu, Vudu and YouTube always work without issue. I am using a very high quality Ethernet switch, and have swapped the switch with others as a test, with the same issue occurring. My screen is a large LG Smart TV, and I am always able to watch Netflix and Amazon Prime direct through the smart TV with no problems Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 19 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi erant1,

The Tivo Bolt Vox Series 6 isn't currently in use or supplied by Virgin Media UK, unless possibly you are on a trial which is using that box. If that's the case you should be contacting the trials team.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
erant1
Settling in
Message 20 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information. 

0 Kudos