Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Must Restart Tivo Box to Make Netflix Work

Good afternoon, I wonder if anyone can shed light on a problem that I have had for as long as I can remember.

I am a Netflix subscriber and I use channel 204 to log in to my account.

I have been experiencing a very frustrating problem for a while and I am not sure if it is a problem with Virgin, Tivo or Netflix.

Whenever I log in to Netflix and try to stream a program, it fails and I get an error that says "We're having trouble playing this title at the moment, please try again later or select a different title". The error message is TVQ-PM-100.

I then have to restart my Tivo box and Netflix works fine. Once I have finished watching television, I turn off the television and Tivo box as normal. When I go back to Netflix I get the same error message and I have to restart the box again.

This is very frustrating not just because of the process of restarting the box every time, but also I lose recordings that have started when the box is off.

Can anyone suggest what this problem could be?

Thanks, Lee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Must Restart Tivo Box to Make Netflix Work

Hi 1103Lee, thanks for your post.

I can appreciate your frustration with this issue, it's certainly not ideal to have to reboot your box every time you fancy watching something on Netflix.

Do you have any other issues with apps or On Demand on the same box at all?

I don't suppose you've been able to try signing in on another device to see if you have any problems on there as well?

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom, thanks for getting back to me.

Firstly, the problem still persists as we tried it last night...

In relation to other Apps on the Tivo box, I always struggle to connect to the 'Virgin Remote Control' App from my phone and the Tivo box has a habit of restarting itself for no reason on a fairly regularly basis. We sometimes have issues connecting to On Demand which again requires us to restart the Tivo box. I guess I have focused more on the Netflix problem as this is the one we use most and therefore it is almost a daily occurrence.

I have Netflix on my computer, tablet, mobile phone and on another smart TV in our house. I do not have the same issue on any of the accounts on these devices, hence I guess its a VM issue.

Any suggestions would be welcome,

thanks

Lee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming Lee. 

I think it's best we take a look at your account & equipment at this stage, so look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and please get back to me with the requested details when you can.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same issue. Also seems to affect Amzon prime. Was there a fix for this issue? Very annoying! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Nope, never was sorted. Apparently part of a bigger issue that they were looking at but we still get the same problem now. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Tivo and Netflix, are you still facing this issue, if you are I will be happy to invite you into a private chat so I can look further into this for you.

I will send an invite shortly, if you still need help please click on the purple envelope to accept. if all OK please ignore.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I’ve started having this same problem with Netflix and prime, it’s not consistent and it seems to have started doing it through a new TV we have. Any ideas what the solution is?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

A warm welcome to our Community Forum Hemjefferies and sorry to hear you're having problems with Netflix and Prime. As your setup may be different to the original poster, can you tell us more about what TV Box you have e.g. TiVo, V6 and how it's setup? Can you also tell us whether you're having problems with On Demand on the same box and what error messages it's showing if any?

Sorry about the questions, just trying to get a better understanding so I can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hello Lisa, the problems we're having are on the V6 box (that is the most up to date one isn't it?), we're not experiencing any problems with our old Tivo box which we have set up on another TV but we don't use Netflix or Prime on that one.  The problems started when we got another TV, however, just in the last week I've discovered there has been a intermittent problem with our broadband since 28th March (just before we got the new TV!).  It drops out on all our devices and it was really bad last week so I rang up.  I was told that this problem was a known one since 28th March and it would take 24 to 48 hours to fix.  It did get better for a couple of days, however, yesterday was particularly bad and I tried to ring again, I was put on hold for 49 minutes and then cut off.  My only option was to go online where it intermittently told me there was no problem in my area or with my service, however, because the signal kept dropping off I couldn't actually do much!  I'm wondering whether the broadband problem is affecting my Netflix and Prime usage which is generating the same error message as the person who originally posted this problem.  If you're able to help with any of these issues that would be amazing as it's driving me insane!  Thanks. Helen

0 Kudos