Menu
1103Lee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Must Restart Tivo Box to Make Netflix Work

Good afternoon, I wonder if anyone can shed light on a problem that I have had for as long as I can remember.

I am a Netflix subscriber and I use channel 204 to log in to my account.

I have been experiencing a very frustrating problem for a while and I am not sure if it is a problem with Virgin, Tivo or Netflix.

Whenever I log in to Netflix and try to stream a program, it fails and I get an error that says "We're having trouble playing this title at the moment, please try again later or select a different title". The error message is TVQ-PM-100.

I then have to restart my Tivo box and Netflix works fine. Once I have finished watching television, I turn off the television and Tivo box as normal. When I go back to Netflix I get the same error message and I have to restart the box again.

This is very frustrating not just because of the process of restarting the box every time, but also I lose recordings that have started when the box is off.

Can anyone suggest what this problem could be?

Thanks, Lee

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Must Restart Tivo Box to Make Netflix Work

Hi 1103Lee, thanks for your post.

I can appreciate your frustration with this issue, it's certainly not ideal to have to reboot your box every time you fancy watching something on Netflix.

Do you have any other issues with apps or On Demand on the same box at all?

I don't suppose you've been able to try signing in on another device to see if you have any problems on there as well?

Tom

0 Kudos
1103Lee
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom, thanks for getting back to me.

Firstly, the problem still persists as we tried it last night...

In relation to other Apps on the Tivo box, I always struggle to connect to the 'Virgin Remote Control' App from my phone and the Tivo box has a habit of restarting itself for no reason on a fairly regularly basis. We sometimes have issues connecting to On Demand which again requires us to restart the Tivo box. I guess I have focused more on the Netflix problem as this is the one we use most and therefore it is almost a daily occurrence.

I have Netflix on my computer, tablet, mobile phone and on another smart TV in our house. I do not have the same issue on any of the accounts on these devices, hence I guess its a VM issue.

Any suggestions would be welcome,

thanks

Lee

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming Lee. 

I think it's best we take a look at your account & equipment at this stage, so look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and please get back to me with the requested details when you can.

Tom 

0 Kudos