Menu
R0bin17
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Multiple flashing lights on new box

My replacement Tivo box does not give a signal to the TV.  It has a constant green light on the left and a red light on the right.  Every 20 seconds those go out and a load of other lights. Come on for a couple of seconds: a mix of red green and blue in this pattern:

RRG                                       RRRB

They go off again and nothing else happens for another 20 seconds.

Ominously, the box itself rattled when I took it out of the package this afternoon.  I don’t think it’s well. And it is actually worse than the box it was sent to replace.  

I wasn’t sent a replacement remote control.  The old one won’t affect the box in any way.  I assume it should or I would have been sent a new one.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Multiple flashing lights on new box

You've posted in the 360 forum but referred to a TiVo - can you confirm which box you have? Check here if you're not sure.

I'm fairly sure that, from your description of the LEDs that you have a TiVo. And if the replacement box is rattling, that doesn't sound good and probably indicates a physical fault. The remote control will be perfectly fine to use from your old box.

The quickest way to resolve this will likely be to call in on the usual number (150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone). Alternatively, once you've confirmed which box you have, you can wait for VM staff to respond on here (and given that "the system" has let you down here, I'll push this post up their to-do list) - although this may still take a little longer than calling.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

R0bin17
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  I didn’t immediately see that there was a Tivo option in the choice of message threads, but it is definitely a Tivo box.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good stuff - I'd moved the post already but thanks for confirming.

I've escalated this post so VM staff should respond quicker than they otherwise would. Upto you whether you want to wait for that (tomorrow AM I'd hope) or call in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

R0bin17
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I’m on the phone to them - on hold!

0 Kudos
R0bin17
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Eventually someone answered, put me on hold, then after 20 minutes cut me off.  Pretty rubbish service, frankly.  

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi R0bin17,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

I can see that you've been able to speak to our team since your post last night. 

Can you please advise me if we've been able to resolve this for you?

Were our team also able to explain the high utilisation in the local area currently?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos