Menu
grahamprescott
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Movies keep buffering

Is anyone else having problems with virgin movies buffering, it plays for couple minutes then buffers for about 10 second s I have checked all cables and connectors and even turned everything off for 10minutes but keeps happening

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Movies keep buffering

Hi if lots of people were experiencing this, the forum would be full of it, so this is something with your own equipment or a problem in the local area, are these live programmes or streaming services like Netflix or on demand as it sounds like internet problems. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
grahamprescott
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On demand, virgin movies Netflix is fine have done internet check nothing wrong same as TV box virgin connect app also says everything is fine, I am going to try old pair of broadband powerline tommorow,that I got from bt years ago but never used 4 years ago to see if that helps 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As LittleMick has mentioned, this is likely to be an issue with either your box or the local network.

Are you using a TiVo box, or a V6? The TiVo has its internet connection inbuilt, whereas the V6 connects to your home hub.

Advice therefore differs between the two.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
grahamprescott
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's the v6 I have attached powerline but still buffering, 

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi grahamprescott, is it not possible to connect the V6 directly to the hub via Ethernet rather than via the powerline? 

Tom

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi connect with cat6 ethernet from the hub to the V6 that will solve your problem. Regards Micky
0 Kudos