Menu
Joe11
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

More lies from technical support!

Yet again Broadband and TV failed due to a Network fault. Yet again upon ringing support I am told there is no fault on the Network and they try to fob me off with a technician call out days in advance. When I ask to speak to a manager they refuse. When I insist I get promised a call back within 35 minutes, which of course does not happen..   

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: More lies from technical support!

@Joe11 wrote:

Yet again Broadband and TV failed due to a Network fault. Yet again upon ringing support I am told there is no fault on the Network and they try to fob me off with a technician call out days in advance. When I ask to speak to a manager they refuse. When I insist I get promised a call back within 35 minutes, which of course does not happen..   

Without knowing the specifics - if there's no known network issues in your area but individual customers are reporting outages, then booking a technician seems to be the right procedure to me. It may also be that this time of year, fewer working days etc, that engineer slots are at a premium.

I guess the only way of speeding up the process would be that your individual fault is actually an area problem and other customers report it.

0 Kudos
Joe11
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The fact that TV and Broadband both fail at exactly the same time always indicates a network breakage. Virgin are able to diagnose this at source but they don't give the operatives in India the screens to do this. They don't have the training. All they do is run a test that comes up with a negative result and conclude the problem is at your home. Like the trouble-shooting test on site, it is just a bluff, it does not actually do anything! Then they book a technician that in nine cases out of ten is not necessary. This is why it takes so long to book a technician, all the slots are allotted to wild Goose chases! To compound matters the operative then promises a call back from a manager, which, nine times out of ten, never happens!!!

The above is a cost cutting Virgin policy on dealing with faults. They don't care that once an engineer is booked people have to take a day off work to see him. This is not acceptable when his presence is not required!

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Joe11 wrote:

The fact that TV and Broadband both fail at exactly the same time always indicates a network breakage.

No it doesn't. It indicates either a fault on your node, a fault on your line or an area/national fault. Running diagnostics narrows it down.

Virgin are able to diagnose this at source but they don't give the operatives in India the screens to do this. They don't have the training. All they do is run a test that comes up with a negative result and conclude the problem is at your home.

Not true at all. If anything, offshore will fob you off with a reboot or "sending a signal" if they are booking a tech its because you need one.

Like the trouble-shooting test on site, it is just a bluff, it does not actually do anything!

Umm yes it does. Tinfoil hat much?

Then they book a technician that in nine cases out of ten is not necessary. This is why it takes so long to book a technician, all the slots are allotted to wild Goose chases! To compound matters the operative then promises a call back from a manager, which, nine times out of ten, never happens!!!

The above is a cost cutting Virgin policy on dealing with faults. They don't care that once an engineer is booked people have to take a day off work to see him. This is not acceptable when his presence is not required!

Sooo, your theory is sending an engineer on a wild goose chase is cost cutting?  I take it you dont have much experience of running a business? Or the real world?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Joe11
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello "Kippies".   So an area/national fault is not a network issue is it????   A technician can fix that from my house?

Off shore Diagnostics work do they? Well they wanted to send a technician today. Did I need one?   If one had been booked would they have told me so I did not stay in all day waiting for him?  They did not last time!   If one had been booked today and I had booked a day off work would you consider this to be acceptable?  Bearing in mind once booked it cannot be revoked!   You say that "If they are booking a tech its because you need one."  Well I didn't today did I??   The same applies for nine out of ten of the last faults I have reported!!

"Tinfoil hat much?". I am not at all sure what this means but I can guess. I hope for your sake I am guessing wrong.

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Joe11 wrote:

Hello "Kippies".   So an area/national fault is not a network issue is it????   A technician can fix that from my house?

Off shore Diagnostics work do they? Well they wanted to send a technician today. Did I need one?   If one had been booked would they have told me so I did not stay in all day waiting for him?  They did not last time!   If one had been booked today and I had booked a day off work would you consider this to be acceptable?  Bearing in mind once booked it cannot be revoked!   You say that "If they are booking a tech its because you need one."  Well I didn't today did I??   The same applies for nine out of ten of the last faults I have reported!!

"Tinfoil hat much?". I am not at all sure what this means but I can guess. I hope for your sake I am guessing wrong.

From my experience, I have had numerous faults where an engineer has been automatically booked, only to find it's an area fault and I have then had to cancel the call out.

japitts
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Joe11 wrote:

It's been quite a long while since I needed to even have a tech visit booked nevermind go through with it.. but the timeslot set by the CS agent was never fixed in stone. There were numerous online options to either amend the timeslot or cancel the appointment entirely. I seem to recall numerous text message reminders and "do you still need this appointment" type stuff being used too.

They certainly made decent efforts to ensure tech visits were only used when necessary..

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Joe11 wrote:

Hello "Kippies".  

TBF Ive double checked, and I'm DEFINITELY me. No need for quotation marks Smiley Wink

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Joe11, 

Thanks for you post - I was sorry to understand that you are having some issues with your services at the moment. 

I can certainly understand your frustration if you have been having some issues previously - I assure you that if our agents are advising a technician is needed, this means that the checks we have performed are advising one is needed. If it was a known network issue, this would show on your account and a technician would not be booked. All our agents regardless of where they are located have the same training and systems - our offshore agents will have the same access to the checks and systems as to what I do here. 

Area Issues can be identified if a certain amount of customer also reporting the same issue within a certain amount of time - if this is the case, the appointment would be cancelled. If this does not happen, your appointment will remain and a technician would attend to check your fault and assist you directly. 

I am sorry that you have not had a promised callback though - this is certainly not the experience we expect. All callbacks should be done within 2 hours or at a time convenient for yourself. 

I understand that you posted last week - are you still having issues with your services and do you still require assistance? If so, please do pop us a reply and we can help you further. 

Thanks

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Katie_WT wrote:. All our agents regardless of where they are located have the same training and systems - our offshore agents will have the same access to the checks and systems as to what I do here. 

I'll run the risk of this thread going off-subject and just point one thing out here. I've had experience the last few days of reporting a repeat VOD fault. Each time there's been a known area fault which the offshore agents have been perfectly good at identifying and advising.

What they've not been good at (and each time, calling back to a UK agent has resolved) is following the apparent instructions to take further diagnostics and escalate those internally.

On everything else @Katie_WT says, I absolutely agree!!