Menu
hackneyuser
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Missing episodes in catch up

I accidently found that Dickensian had become available on catch up and started to (re) watch.

So it is rather frustrating to find that Episode 4 has not been listed. I tried the Drama only listing and it is not there.

Is there any chance whoever is responsible to get it added. If this cant happen then I cant understand why the other episodes were listed!

Just to add generally the catch up service seems to be totally random. Some series seem to have every episode available, and other only one for a week. Is there anyway of working out which these are?

And would like to point out that in the past if say there were 20+ episodes of East Enders available it would appear in the main list with the number of episodes available in a bracket which made it must easier to run through the list, and only go into the sub directory of multiple episodes if interested.

Scrolling through endless listings of East Enders is time consuming, particularly when for some reason they are not only listed under E but appear in D as well!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing episodes in catch up

Hi there hackneyuser, thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that the whole series is not available for you to watch.

It seems like that this is all we have been given to show from the content provider at this current time.

That being said when I searched for the show it did have all 20 episodes available if you have a Netflix subscription and can watch via the set top box you have.

If you search catch up by channel and select Drama it may make it easier for you to search for the Eastenders episodes you are looking for

Thanks

Nathan B

0 Kudos
hackneyuser
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathan B

As I never heard back from this forum I did in fact contact UKTV directly. They were very prompt in replying and in fact added the missing episode (number 2 at that time).

Unfortunately 3 weeks later with the final 4 episodes being shown episode 18 is now missing and I have not had as prompt a reply from UKTV.

And no I do not have a Netflix subscription. As VirginMedia offers both catch up and on demand I am happy with that.

I am just pointing out that there is an error. I would have thought that you would ensure that your providers offer a complete series otherwise it makes you catch up sort of meaningless.

re Eastenders my sarcasm obviously didn't come over!

I was pointing out, and it is still true, that Eastenders is listed twice not only under E where it should be but also under D. Someone at Virgin needs to double check this mis listing.

As you choose (for whatever reason) to offer endless catch up of for instance Eastenders it would make it easer (and in fact with Dickensian) if in your listing you actually added the number of the episode beside each one.

Also (and I have pointed this out on this forum before) the listing per channel and via On Demand use images / icons. This in fact discriminates against people with visual impairments as they cannot read text that is part of a graphic. You should offer the option of listings that are text only as well as though using visual images, or as web sites are required to do in line with disability guidelines, you should add an alt tag so that when you click on an image a bubble with the title in text appears.

And would like to add that ramping up the volume of the trailers etc., that come with using on demand it actually has a negative effect. Rather than listening to them they are so loud I just mute them!!

Hopefully you could let UKTV know that the episode of Dickensian broadcast at 4pm last saturday is missing.

Someone, you or them, needs to implement a procedure that ensures complete episodes of a series are listed.

It makes it very frustrating.

Thanks

0 Kudos
hackneyuser
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Correction: Eastenders is not only under E but also under C!!

0 Kudos