Menu
PeteDeakin
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Missing channels

Hi, yesterday an engineer replaced our faulty tivo box but left before it had finished setting up.  We now only have three channels with an error message on the screen with code 7400.  We have followed all the instructions on Virgin Media to correct this as well as calling  Virgin Media and following the same instructions from them.  This has taken hours and hours and still no channels. We get an error message when we try refresh missing channels and have tried re-booting the tivo box several times but nothing works.  Cannot now get through to virgin media either online or the on the phone to book an engineer again.  There must be some way to resolve this issue and we are beginning to despair by the lack of help and knowledge from Virgin to get a brand new tivo box working properly.  Can anyone help please.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing channels

Hi PeteDeakin,

virgin-tv-error-codes/7400  usually means that the box hasn't been activated, or it hasn't updated correctly on VM systems. Have you followed the advice on that link?

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

You can also try calling the automated line on 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone.  If the systems haven't updated correctly then this department may be able to push it through or send out another engineer.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
PeteDeakin
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,  Thanks for the advice but all the steps you have described we have already tried and just going round in circles with it.  Customer Service at Virgin is extremely poor and very frustrating.   I am in the process of trying to book an engineer again but having no success on the virgin media site.   If there is an engineer in the West Midlands area reading this post we would be extremely grateful if you could help please.  Very disappointed that the engineer who came to replace the faulty Tivo Box left before it was fully installed and working correctly.   

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure you won't appreciate being told this, but... Virgin Media don't have any online TV fault reporting, it's done by calling 150 and faults agents arrange whatever is necessary.

Having said that, I'm quite surprised you let the previous home engineer leave without having your box working!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos