cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menus work but no picture or sound

borf
Joining in

We suddenly have a black screen and no sound on live TV and all recordings. 

All the menus still work and can navigate around, but no pictures/sound. We can even get subtitles!

any suggestions (have tried all the obvious)

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How about OnDemand programmes?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi borf, 

Thanks for your post and it's great having you back in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with a black screen and the sound on your TiVo box. 

• It's worth checking the HDMI lead to ensure this is plugged in correctly and that it's not loose. 
  • Do you have any third party equipment plugged in such as a sound bar or surround speakers? 

I've checked things this end and it looks as though there is a fault affecting you. The details of that are here: 

• Fault reference number: F010082515
  • Estimated fix time: 12 SEP 2022 11:50
  • Description: Status report  ||  You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you. 

I have made a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected. 

If you are having any further issues after the estimated fix time, please pop back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs