Menu
andrewgarrard14
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Media store playlist error ES004

Afternoon,

Been having trouble playing any / all content purchased in my library on virgin media store on my library through my virgin TiVo box.

I have reset several times, unplugged several times, ran the connection to media store through setting several times but still get error message es004 and no content.

Please help

0 Kudos
d_a_l
Settling in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Media store playlist error ES004

Got the same here, paid to watch a film last night and got the ES004 message (which is NOT in the list of known lookup codes might i add), was unable to call as after 9 pm, got the same again the next day at 15.30 hours, unsure who to call given the notices you get to only call for urgent issues so other customers can get through though have admit i feel a bit sore after being divorced of 14 pounds from my bank account yet not able to view due to some unknown error code.

0 Kudos
d_a_l
Settling in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Andrew, 

Might be worth looking at this

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/ES004-error-from-media-store-after-purchase/m-p/42...

In fairness took me 5 minutes to get at the answer: turns out there is a known fault (will not tell You this on a service test from Your box or laptop) but sounds like the virgin media technicians are on the case, guess its a case of retrying later on.......

C-Bithell
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there my name is Chris Bithell I am a virgin media technician

Sorry to see this has been an issue that we've struggled with resolving for you. As this is the Virgin Media store this is something you would need to contact them on as this is actually a third party provider.

They can be contacted on 0800 027 0801 and will be able to advise you on the meaning behind the error code in question.

The team have currently worked out that its virgin customers, using virgin tv box that are getting messages but if watched on another isp or alternative device like a tablet or phone its fine.Were working to resolve this as we speak. If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

PeterC61
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Aah more people with the same problem, and the same shocking service, guess there maybe a ‘technical glitch’ when it comes to paying my next bill

0 Kudos
PeterC61
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So still not fixed then, frankly ‘oh watch it on another platform’ is not an answer to why is the service we pay for unavailable for 3 days frankly it’s a cop out, why aren’t virgin all over this and providing updates rather than ignoring it and hoping we’ll go away?

0 Kudos
PeterC61
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I’ve just spoken to VMS and they say it’s a virgin media issue, which company is lying?

0 Kudos