cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage my Tivo on PC

bdw
Up to speed

Trying to manage my Tivo and recordings on my PC. The website says ...

Accessing your Planned Recordings

1. Go to virgintvgo.virginmedia.com using your computer's browser
  2. Select Manage My TiVo
  3. Select My planned recordings
  4. From here you can see your planned recordings
  5. Click a planned recording for the option to change or delete it

I don't see any Manage My Tivo option.

41 REPLIES 41

Hi rnewfie999

I'm chasing this up again for you

Gareth_L

Just a quick question rnewfie999

What network are you trying this on, home wifi or a corporate one?

What Browser are you trying on and what operating system do you have 

Gareth_L

As the person who started this thread I am wondering when it evolved into a solution to manage Sky boxes? I don't have a Sky box. I just want to be able to manage my Tivo through my PC.

Agreed. I wondered where the reference to Sky boxes came from, but if you look at the responses I gave to the suggested 2 routes (1 via "Manage My Sky Devices", both of them ended up at the URL "http://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo/" which doesn't work.

What network are you trying this on, home wifi or a corporate one? - Home wifi via a VM SuperHub 2AC

What Browser are you trying on and what operating system do you have - Google Chrome: 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit) OS: Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1 (Build 7601.24544) - These are the same components which worked with 'Manage My TV' several months ago.

As an experiment, I backed off Chrome to version 76, which I just realised I was using the last time I used 'Manage My TV' successfully - Problem still seen.
I have also just tried using Chrome 79.0.3945.130 - Problem still seen.

Thanks rnewfie999

What I will do is get this reported with our IT Team 

As soon as I get an update I will let you know

Gareth_L

Having had no update on this for eleven days, I just happened to click on the link - http://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo/ and it worked first time.

No changes at this end, so :-

1) What has VM done to fix this?

2) Why was I not informed that it was fixed?

3) Why is product support driven by customers and not by VM?

IMO we pay enough for this service. Is support not included in the price?

Can others verify that it is fixed for them.

Yes. looks like they fixed something but there still does not seem to be any option to set recordings on the PC platform.

LeMarchand
On our wavelength

Arise!

https://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo/ doesn't seem top be available from Firefox, Edge, Chrome or IE for me, though the equivalent app on my phone seems to be fine.

I too get the same error message when trying to manage my box, It just loads for about 30 seconds then comes back saying this page cant be reached error message, in chrome and I have a super hub 3 and I am wired connected to it to my PC.......

I have never ever been able to manage my TiVo box from my PC via browser ever, and I tried numerous times over the last few years too.

No idea why it does not work for some but it works for others...........?!?!?!?!?!?!