Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Loss of signal on 2nd TV. Needs signal sent to restart as not used for 12 months

Hi 

I have 2 feeds into my home and haven’t used one unit for 12 months. In the past I have called the help desk and they have sent messages electronically to reboot the system. The call centre is apparently closed due to COVID so I have no idea how to restart the signal. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Loss of signal on 2nd TV. Needs signal sent to restart as not used for 12 months

Hi Garylegg,

The call centres are still open, plus many staff are working from home.

Call waiting times vary, although it's best to try at 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to re-activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the re-activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Loss of signal on 2nd TV. Needs signal sent to restart as not used for 12 months

Just to add, any TV boxes that aren't active on VM's network for a period of time are deactivated - I believe that time is presently 30days, although I'm open to being corrected.

newapollo's advice to call into C/S to get the box reactivated is correct, as is his comment about many C/S agents being home-based in addition to call centres being partly manned.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos