Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Loss of bb and tv

I have had a total loss of tv and bb today.

Booked engineer but received message saying there was a network fault in my area.

Outage checker currently showing no issues in my area

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of bb and tv

Hi stuxter,

It's possibly not showing up there yet because it's more localised and not a wider area outage.

You could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level, however it's not a manned line and it make take some time until it reaches your postcode area.

downdetector.co.uk  isn't currently showing any major issues, which seems to confirm it's a small local outage.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of bb and tv

Just to add a little to what newapollo has (rather well!) explained, a bit more of my understanding of localised faults that aren't picked up by the monitoring systems.

For the first few customers who call in affected, there won't be a recognised issue and so engineers will be booked. Once the number of tech visits in particular postcodes/cabinets with similar issues, reaches a trigger point, then a network fault is raised and tech visits potentially cancelled. At this stage it should be reported on the local status line 0800 5610061.

I'm not sure what the triggers are for that to happen, but it sounds like your area has met the criteria

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos