Menu
ingolangel
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Linking 2 TiVo boxes

I am desperately hoping someone can help me solve a recurring problem (approximately every 20 days). I am an elderly disabled lady (mobility problems) living alone and on a regular basis my TiVo boxes (bedroom and lounge) lose their connection. I really cannot face going through the Virgin faults procedure again as on more than one occasion after being on the telephone to them  (the last time was for 1 hour and 41 mins, I am cut off and just hear the dialling tone)!!!!!  I have explained to their faults dept that I am Unable to constantly walk back and forth between my boxes but this falls on either deaf or ignorant ears!  Is there anyone who could simplify what to turn off and back on again and in which order I should do it please?  I have spent this week going onto “help/settings” but am no nearer at all. Any suggestions would be so gratefully received!  Thank you in anticipation 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Linking 2 TiVo boxes

Hey ingolangel,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your TV services. When the issues with your boxes happens, do you also have issues with your broadband connection or problems before the issues with your boxes start?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
ingolangel
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Steven, I don’t usually have any problems or warnings that my boxes are about to stop connecting to each other. It just happens, my heart sinks and I think “here I go again”!!!!!
0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi ingoangel,

thanks for your reply I have checked remotely and can see there are a lot of wireless devices connected to your network, you will benefit from having a few connected via ethernet cable 

an this may help the boxes stream better.

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
ingolangel
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Zoie, they have gone off again so I will take your advice and see how I go. 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @ingolangel

Thanks for letting us know - I am sorry that you still had some issues last week with your boxes. I have had a quick check from here and I can see that one box hasn't been rebooted in around 25 days (this is the box that is connected directly to the Hub with a cable)

The other box was rebooted more recently about a week or so ago. 

When you advise that they go off, can you explain what you mean and what happens? You say in your initial post that they lose connection - lose connection to what and how do you know? if you can let us know what happens exactly, we may be able to offer a bit more advice to help you out 🙂 

Keep us posted

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ingolangel
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Katie and thank you for taking the trouble to reply. To be honest, I’m very wary of rebooting my lounge box in case the whole thing goes off again!!  As I can’t get out, I rely on my tv and would be lost if things went awry again. I will try to explain what happens but may have to re-contact you when they go off again (which they most definitely will)!!!!  If I am in my lounge and try to access my bedroom box I get a message telling me there is a problem with connection. The bedroom box is not shown so I cannot access my recordings. It’s the same if I try in my bedroom, I am told there is no connection to access the lounge. Apologies that this isn’t very helpful but as I previously said, if you are willing to wait until it does it again, I can then take photos of exactly what is happening. I would be so very grateful to have someone who is willing to help me without having to sit holding my phone for 1 hour 41 minutes only to be cut off!!!  Thanks in anticipation x

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @ingolangel 

Apologies for the delay in response, we have been very busy and doing all we can to get to each community post ASAP. 

That's no problem at all, we're here whenever you have an issue. Has it since been a problem or have you been able to snap a picture? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ingolangel
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good. Morning Hollie

Isn’t it always the case that now I have you to help/guide me with the recurring problem, it hasn’t happened since!!!!!!  I am so grateful to you for the offer of help as it’s just a nightmare when it happens. Please rest assured that my first port of call will be you as it’s quite obvious that I could have saved myself hours of worry and frustration had I known to contact the Community earlier.  Thank you once again x

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Always the way haha! 

Don't worry though if you do need anything please just come back to us 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos