cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Virgin but keeping Tivo box

qunasfoma
Joining in

I'm thinking about leaving virgin who I have a tv & broadband package with. If move to another provider for broadband only, will my Tivo box continue to work, and if so will I still be able to watch recorded programmes.

4 REPLIES 4

carl_pearce
Community elder

@qunasfoma wrote:

I'm thinking about leaving virgin who I have a tv & broadband package with. If move to another provider for broadband only, will my Tivo box continue to work, and if so will I still be able to watch recorded programmes.

Depending on the age of the Tivo box you'd have to return it to VM as it's rented kit.

Regardless, since the signal comes through the coax over VM's network I would assume most functionality would no longer work.

Tavis75
Super solver

If you leave Virgin then the box will no longer work and you will not be able to watch any recordings or TV channels. I think (though not 100% certain) that even things like the BBC channels will cease to work. Depending on exactly which box it is, you may also have to return it.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@qunasfoma wrote:

Virgin no longer offer a TV standalone product, so cancelling your contract will cancel both TV & Broadband services. Also the box relies on metadata from VMs network to play back any recordings you have, so once your account is removed any recordings will be locked. TiVO boxes do not work with any other TV platform, so cannot be used to view channels outside of VMs network.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey qunasfoma, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community unfortunately the box would not work if you left us.

We would also require this box to be sent back to us after the disconnection. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?