Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Just signed up for Netflix by mistake!!

I have just signed up to Netlix by mistake!  So annoyed!! It was so easy to do.  Selected Netflix on my TV, then there was one more box, I can't remember what it said, but I know it wasn't a clear "You are now signing up for a paid membership - click to confirm this" type of thing.  But there I was, a subscribed, take my money, member.  I just cant afford it at the moment.  So I cancelled immediately with Netflix who advised I would have to contact Virgin Media about a refund on the one month's subscription I have just paid for.  So just sent a message via 07533 051809 to show that I do not want Netflix by confirming this ASAP - within 30 minutes of signing up.  Really hope this can be cancelled and refunded.  Very annoyed that it wasn't clear that I was actually signing up for a paid membership and there was no kind of "Click to confirm". 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just signed up for Netflix by mistake!!

Hi there @hesnotthemessia

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I am sorry you had some issues and set up a new Netflix subscription.

There is actually a step by step process to create a brand new Netflix account which requires email addresses and confirmation. You also have to confirm if you wish to have the account linked to your Virgin Media bill or have a separate payment. 

Do you have any confirmation that you have cancelled your Netflix account at all? 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just signed up for Netflix by mistake!!

Hi Katie.  I was watching "The Wrong Mans" first series.  I think it was a Virgin Media On Demand Box Set  I had watched the first four in the series one night and went to select the fifth one and found the series had actually disappeared.  After some frustration with searching for it, I realised it had just gone midnight and I had probably passed the last viewing date.  Anyway.....I was pretty fed up and, in my frustration whilst searching for the series, selected Netflix via "All Apps".  The Netflix channel appeared with something like a small box asking if I wanted to enter (no mention of "select the following to subscribe to a paid membership").  Then a message appeared saying I have now got a month's membership at £11.99!!  

So no Netflix account required for the subscription (as I didn't have a Netflix account before I set one up to cancel my subscription). 

The first mention of a subscription on Netflix was the message that appeared saying that I had now got one month's subscription at £11.99 and that it would be paid for via my Virgin Media account.  I don't think I was given any option to confirm if I wished to have the account linked to my Virgin Media bill or have a separate payment.  But, even if the "account linked to your Virgin Media bill or have a separate payment" option came up, where is the option to not go ahead with the subscription?

I created a Netflix account to cancel my subscription and was advised by Netflix that I would need to contact Virgin Media to cancel my current month's membership.  This was confirmed by my online searches which pretty much confirmed that I stood no chance of a refund of my £11.99.  I didn't use Netflix for a couple of days as I was hoping for a refund.  It then dawned on me that there was no chance of a refund and that I might as well make the most of what I had paid for.  Must admit I am quite impressed with Netflix and, if finances improve, I might rejoin some time in the future.

I have confirmation that I have cancelled my Netflix account.

0 Kudos