Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ive just spent three hours going round in circles. I too have no tv channels but cants get in touch with

Anybody. I agree with the other posts about this subject, I assume I too am decommissioned but how do I tell virgin? Anyway, if they decommissioned our boxes, why have they not automatically sent new ones.  I cant get on my account it wont recognise me, can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ive just spent three hours going round in circles. I too have no tv channels but cants get in touch

HI MARogers,

Are you sure your box has been decommisioned?

What channels can you watch?

What, if any  error  messages are you seeing?

If you have one of the old Tivo boxes which have been decommissioned you should have seen at least one of the following announcments

From 9th December 2019 there was an announcement that BT Sport channels would not be available on the box, offering a replacement Tivo. There was also an announcement that Sky Sports would no longer be available from 1st August, offering an upgrade.

More recently:

This is an older type of Virgin Media box and we need to upgrade it. Don't worry, it's totally free with no catches!  Simply give us a call on 0345 454 1111 to place your order.

And

This is one of our older boxes which will not be supported from 1st July and only basic channels will remain.   Don't worry, you are entitled to a free upgrade to our latest box, the V6. Just visit virginmedia.com/offers/V6swap or call us on 0345 454 1111 to book your upgrade. (This was available until 11.59pm on 30th June 2020

The online swap is no longer available, so you'll need to call 0345 454 1111 to book your upgrade.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ive just spent three hours going round in circles. I too have no tv channels but cants get in touch

I have no channels various error codes can't use online as it says I have my security questions wrong mother's maiden name my birthday, I don't think I have. When I phone it's an automated phone. Not sure what I'm paying for at the moment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ive just spent three hours going round in circles. I too have no tv channels but cants get in...

Thanks for the post MARogers and welcome to our community.

How are your services today? 

If you're the account holder the team can go through alternative security with you and then reset the security question and answer if needed.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos