Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Issue with received signal strength.

I'm having a problem with repeated W02 errors informing me to check my connection (the aerial lead is firmly attached), the actual issue is the signal strength I'm receiving.

I've checked the diagnostics screen several times and although I am getting a strong signal from the Broadband - in excess of 79%, the signal to the TIVO box is between 43% (lowest) and 52% (highest). This is not just affecting Netflix (which is crashing out after 5 minutes of viewing sometimes), but also recorded TIVO shows as well as the regular channels.

This is happening at least a dozen times a day, and is not acceptable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue with received signal strength.

Hi jfeatonby, 

Thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing network issues with your TiVo box. 

I have ran some checks from our side and have been unable to locate any known issues in the area and the stats for your network are all in the green. 

Do you experience drops in connection via WiFi with any other devices in that area of the property? 

Have you also been able to test the connection when using an ethernet cable? If so, do you find that the speed improves?

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The TIVO box is connected by cable, not WI FI and the TIVO box is connected to the TV via an HDMI lead - issue is intermittent - but having checked the diagnostics screen I am seeing that I am receiving a signal strength of around 45% most days and times - this is causing issues with recording shows and playback and is making Netflix and rented Pay to View movies almost completely unusable. I am also having to restart the TIVO box after it loses strength overnight, waking up to no channels and a W02 error message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jfeatonby

Thanks for coming back to us. From the checks ran, we do need a technician as two of the input levels are out of spec. 

I'll send you a PM now so we can discuss this further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me on PM jfeatonby,

Just to update the thread, technician not needed as everything has resolved itself

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos