Menu
Evls
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Issue with on demand

We are Able to watch all demand and the. Suddenly at 9 on every evening the service goes down on our TiVo box... we have Followed the steps for error code 603 at least 3 nights in a row... is there an explanation as to why it stops working and shows error 603 at the same time every evening? 

Tags (2)
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue with on demand

Do you genuinely have a TiVo, or is it a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

Are you watching on a 4K UHD TV? If so, I'd recommend following the advice in https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/603 as this could well be an HDCP issue.

HDCP wouldn't explain the 9pm thing, but let's run with the assumption that's coincidence, just for now....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Evls
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Apologies we thought We had A TiVo as this was on all the marketing we received With the box when installed. 

it is in fact a V6, why does this have an affect on our on demand? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo & V6 both run TiVo software, but they differ in how the internet works - and OnDemand uses the internet.

TiVo has an inbuilt connection.

V6 connects through your homehub, and if you're using WiFi for this connection, then that brings more variables into the equation. How is yours connected?

And are you watching on a 4K UHD TV? You've not said.

Error 603 can have a variety of causes, these checks can help narrow down which is yours.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Evls
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

we are not using a 4K UHD TV and we have It connected to the internet via a Ethernet cable.

It’s very unusual that it is fine all day and only the evening at 9pm every evening. 

thank you for you help so far 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The most obvious cause of OnDemand issues only at certain times would be internet speeds slowing down, although I have some doubts that's the main reason in your case.

When you next have problems, there's 2 things you can try...

1: If you're not recording anything and are able, try restarting your box - Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart my box. I'm doubtful, if you say this error self-clears anyway (and it will interrupt any recordings), but it's something to rule out.

2: Regardless of whether you're recording or not... Home > Help & Settings > Help > (look along the top now) > TV Speed test.

Evls
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you we have Tried the restarting the box a number of times so will try the TV speed test next time it occurs thank you 

0 Kudos