Menu
gingertom0
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Iplayer app

I have not been able to actually play a program on iplayer app for some time now, I have tried the turn the TiVo on and off, setting up an alternative BBC login, entering the code which successfully registered.

But when I go to iplayer either through apps or catch up everything seems to load OK, I pick a program I want and it spends an age trying to load it, then all I get is the message “Something went wrong playing this programme”

code in the corner of the message is 02110, if that helps.

Have reset my router and restarted the Tivo with the aim of resetting the ip address.

I have no issues getting iplayer on my pc to work. Only on the Tivo.

Tivo using wireless. Tried wiring up to router still the same issue.

Any ideas please. Can't stand the bbc but the missus does. Otherwise it would not worry me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Iplayer app

Hi gingertom0,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with i player, as it has been a couple of days since your post how have things been going?

Have you tried to reboot your Tivo by unplugging from the wall leave a couple of minutes then plug back in?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
gingertom0
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

received this from the bbc and slowly going through their instructions. No joy as of yet. is there anyway i can uninstall iplayer on tivo then re-install.

Hello Tony,

Thank you for contacting BBC iPlayer Support.

Sorry to read you're having problems with the iPlayer app on your Virgin Media Tivo box as it won't play programmes and is giving an error message 02110.

I would like to help resolve this issue for you.

The first step I would advise is to completely restart your Tivo box. So please turn it off, unplug it from the wall for a few minutes then power it on again.

Then I would ask if you can check that you have the latest firmware version for your Tivo box. The option to update firmware is usually found in the settings/system information menu, but if you need any guidance on this step please refer to the user manual or contact the manufacturer directly. I have included Virgin Media's customer service number below for your convenience: 0345 454 1111.

If the problem continues after trying this step then I would advise uninstalling and reinstalling the iPlayer app from your Tivo box. If you're not sure about how to do that then please contact Virgin Media for guidance on this.

You may also wish to check how you are connected to the internet.

Try switching off other devices using the internet at the same time. These will be competing for bandwidth which could impact on steady playback and cause buffering.

Try connecting your device to your router directly with an Ethernet cable. If you're using WiFi and your device is some distance from the router, the quality of your connection can be compromised. Connecting using a cable can make a real difference and eliminates possible WiFi interference.

Try changing the video quality to Standard Definition. Streaming programmes in High Definition or Best Quality will require more bandwidth and might cause buffering if your internet connection isn't strong enough. To change to Standard Definition video quality, go to Settings, then Settings & Help, then Video Quality.

Hopefully these steps have helped resolved the fault, but if you're still having problems then please get back in touch.

Let us know which steps you've tried, which firmware version your Tivo box is running, your iPlayer system information, the exact wording of any error messages displayed and some further details of what problems you're having.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Have you been able to try what has been advised?

^Martin

0 Kudos
gingertom0
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Have got as far as

If the problem continues after trying this step then I would advise uninstalling and reinstalling the iPlayer app from your Tivo box. If you're not sure about how to do that then please contact Virgin Media for guidance on this.

Not sure how to do this. Don't think you can unless you wipe the tivo box fully and re-start.

0 Kudos
gingertom0
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Have got as far as

Not sure how to do this. Don't think you can unless you wipe the tivo box fully and re-start.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You wouldn't be able to do that. Can you provide me with a picture of error that shows on the box when you try to what BBC iPlayer?

^Martin

0 Kudos
gingertom0
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

iplayer error 2001.PNG

0 Kudos
gingertom0
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

not sure if you can see the pic but says

Something went wrong loading this programme.
This is usually a temporary problem. you can try this programme again or try a different programme.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just to confirm is this happening with any program you attempt to watch?

^Martin

0 Kudos