cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent screen pixelation

moggyman
Up to speed

My Mum has started to get bad intermittent screen pixelation. It can range from getting a sort of pixelation 'bar' across the bottom of the picture to full-on Lego resolution (as we say in the IT world) and the whole screen is corrupted. The sound also gets momentarily interrupted too.

I've checked the cable connection, replaced the HDMI cable, and rebooted the Tivo box but no joy. It seems to be worse in the evenings for some reason but I've asked Mum to keep a diary of when it happens and on what channel(s), just in case there is some consistency with the issue. 

I checked her Freeview feed and that is tip-top. I also have a Tivo and live in the same postcode area and (touch wood) my TV feed is fine.

Has anyone else experienced similar?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Hi moggyman

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I can see the community has been responding to you.

Do you still require any support with this?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki,

I think Mum wants to watch all her recorded programmes before anything further is done, just in case a new box is required. I've checked the cabling again and I can't see anything wrong with it. Unless it gets unwatchable, I'll probably come back to it when her contract ends in December. If VM try and force her to pay for broadband for a V6 box I might just plug a hard disk into the TV's USB port and teach her how to record with the built-in Freeview Play. 

We'll see.

Thanks

Thanks for coming back to us moggyman, thats no problem at all, please get in touch with us, when you wish to have the box replaced and we will be able to arrange that. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L