Menu
Mosquito24
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent red, orange blue lights on TiVo box, nothing on TV screen, help needed.

My internet seems to be ok, but my TiVo box flashes red, blue, orange and green lights in an intermittent pattern. Nothing appears on tv though. Tried everything I can think of. 

any suggestions? No TV for four days now.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent red, orange blue lights on TiVo box, nothing on TV screen, help needed.

You've not said what "everything I can think of" actually includes 🙂

It does sound though, like your box has failed and potentially needs replacing. You need to call V/M Faults to report this - 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mosquito24
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent red, orange blue lights on TiVo box, nothing on TV screen, help needed.

Sorry, I didn’t.

I've checked all connections, turned it off at the mains for 10 mins checked the back of the unit etc. There is nothing on the screen at all, and it won’t let me do a system check.

it says on the phone that there is no internet connection, but my broadband and WiFi are all working, if not a bit slow at times.

i rang 150 several times, only to be on hold for over an hour each time! I appreciate they are really busy, but it’s becoming more and more frustrating tbh. And I can’t be sat in front of it during the day on the off chance they will answer.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are you using a TiVo or a V6? Check here if you're not sure

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Mosquito24
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It’s a TiVo box.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TiVo gets the internet along the same co-ax as your TV signals, so if that connection is secure there's not a great deal more you can do apart from be patient with calling faults. Sorry it's not better news.

0 Kudos
Mosquito24
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent lights on TiVo box

My TiVo box is flashing lights on front of box, but nothing is working.

i have tried for a week to contact customer services but have had no answer, despite being on hold for hours on end.

I’m told on the forum I need to contact TV faults as it likely needs an engineer, but I don’t know what to do now. 
I tried the service test and it said no internet connection, although our broadband works fine. I’m guessing it may be the hard drive and I need an engineer?

Please help, I’ve had no TV service for two weeks now.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent lights on TiVo box

Are you able to try calling early morning soon after C/S opens at 8am?

0 Kudos
Mosquito24
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent lights on TiVo box

Hi,

spent a week trying, nothing.

interestingly the lights have stopped flashing and are now permanently on

from the left.. two orange, one green then on the right three reds.

Sitting there, taunting me! 😂 Don’t know what else to do, it’s been nearly three weeks now.

Sorry to be a pain.

0 Kudos