Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent picture distortion

My tv picture is intermittently very distorted and pixilated, this has been going on for several weeks and the normal reboot hasn’t resolved the issue.

virgin tests indicate there is a technical issue and at one point having miraculously got through to customer service I was told someone would contact me within 48 hours, however this never occurred.

Booking an engineer at present seems impossible ?

Have been a customer for over 20 years , but if the issue isn’t resolved will be changing supplier.

Talking to someone in customer service, the waiting time is unacceptable, even in these unprecedented times.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Intermittent picture distortion

@Philipo wrote:

My tv picture is intermittently very distorted and pixilated, this has been going on for several weeks and the normal reboot hasn’t resolved the

So you have a fault with your TV signal.

@Philipo wrote:

virgin tests indicate there is a technical issue and at one point having miraculously got through to customer service I was told someone would contact me within 48 hours, however this never occurred.

Are those tests the online ones, or on the 150 IVR? Quite why C/S said someone would contact you back, is at best strange. With the description you've given on this forum, the correct outcome would have either been a replacement box or (more likely) an engineer visit. "Someone will call you back" sounds horribly like that agent was stuck about what to do.

@Philipo wrote:

Have been a customer for over 20 years , but if the issue isn’t resolved will be changing supplier.

Talking to someone in customer service, the waiting time is unacceptable, even in these unprecedented times.

VM have had a huge increase in C/S queues, and the waiting times have been repeatedly raised as an issue - but I appreciate this doesn't help you.

There is currently a wait of upto a week for VM staff to respond on here, so I would suggest you try calling faults one last time - morning or mid-afternoon are apparently better at the moment. Or you can try the text message service - 07533 051809, but this isn't an immediate service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks