Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Recordings

Recordings are intermittent. It p-p-p-plays part of the recording and then freezes then starts again with large sections of the programme missing.
Nothing wrong with Wi-Fi or connections as normal channels, Netflix, and Amazon all ok.
I believe my Tivo V6 is on its way out but trying to contact Virgin is impossible and every online source just has me going round in circles.
23 years of being a constant customer. Call centers shut down because they're in India and Virgin has no presence in the UK apart from New Customers and customer retention.
I want my box changing and an engineer here to do it that's all.
You have more info about Covid than you do useful information on resolving real life customer problems.
What kind of customer service is it that points us to self help groups of unpaid, non employed, Virgin general public users and then have the audacity to price hike us every year.

Sky is looking pretty damn good to me right now.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Recordings

@RayDHK wrote:

Recordings are intermittent. It p-p-p-plays part of the recording and then freezes then starts again with large sections of the programme missing.
Nothing wrong with Wi-Fi or connections as normal channels, Netflix, and Amazon all ok.

If live TV is ok, this would tend to suggest your hard drive has problems - try pausing live TV and seeing what happens?

@RayDHK wrote:

Call centers shut down because they're in India and Virgin has no presence in the UK apart from New Customers and customer retention.

Just to point out, that's not true. VM have been hit by offshore centres being closed, that's true. But they have UK-based (in many cases, home-based) faults agents too.

@RayDHK wrote:

What kind of customer service is it that points us to self help groups of unpaid, non employed, Virgin general public users

This is primarily a user-user community forum, VM staff respond on here but it's not intended as a primary contact medium for faults reporting. I agree the current level of telephone C/S is not ideal, but it's the best way of reporting service-affecting faults.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

"If live TV is ok, this would tend to suggest your hard drive has problems"

This is exactly what I'm saying and why I would like someone to come out and fix it.
Unfortunatley getting some help by phone is a nightmare. You just go round and round in circles
on the test your line, can't find anything wrong loop, call back later. Or get help online, so you do
and your herded into this forum.
Why is there no "I know what's wrong" book and engineer button.
So now I have to go through the whole sorry mess again for another day and so on and so forth.
That's why I'm so annoyed. 

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi RayDHK,

It's best to call first thing in a morning at 8am when lines are least busy, or late afternoon/tea time.

When phoning, ignore the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support. Ignore all the options, if you don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@RayDHK wrote:

"If live TV is ok, this would tend to suggest your hard drive has problems"

This is exactly what I'm saying and why I would like someone to come out and fix it.

This error can't be fixed, it will need a replacement box - VM can often arrange these via Quick Start where a box is posted out, and you self-install it avoiding the need for an engineer visit.

Calling in will be the quickest way of arranging this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

One phone call lasting 1hour 43mins and I finally have an engineer calling in 5 days time to try to fix it.
I never want to listen ever again to Latin music sung by a person who thinks he's Ricky Martin.

0 Kudos