Menu
davidwestcott
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent C130 error

Over the past couple of months or so we regularly get an issue with playing back a recording, or playing something on catchup. It gives a C130 error, which is cleared by restarting the Tivo box. Sometimes we have the issue 2 or 3 times per day, then some days we don't get the issue at all. On average I would say we have the issue once/day.

Is anyone else having a similar problem. Other than rebooting the box each time (and it always happens at the most dramatic moment!), is there another way to clear the error?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent C130 error

Watching a recording and using OnDemand are two different functions - one uses the hard drive, the other is using the internet.

1: On recording - is live TV viewing ok? How about when you pause/rewind live TV?

2: OnDemand - do you ever get any flashing green lights on the front-left of your TiVo?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

davidwestcott
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me.

Good questions - not sure I have a good answer! I think it is OnDemand - I will check on the green lights next it happens. It is annoying that it is intermittent, so we can go for a few days without an issue...

0 Kudos
davidwestcott
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We didn't have the issue for a while, but did again yesterday. It was for the OnDemand service. For the two green lights, we had the left green light as solid and the right green light doing a slow flash.

The issue was resolved, as always, by powering off the box, leaving it for 30 seconds, then powering it back on.

Many thanks for any insights you can give...

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The flashing green light means the TiVo's internal modem has failed, rendering the box with no internet connection.

OnDemand, streaming & TV Guide updates need the internet.

Call VM to report what is likely a box fault, but it may help to be specific with "my online light is flashing"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

davidwestcott
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Great - many thanks. Will do.

0 Kudos