0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Interference on watching some channels

@BigT88 

You've posted in the generic TV board, which is supposed to be read-only and would have prevented others responding - I've moved it to the TiVo board for now, but it may help to clarify which TV box you have - check here if you want to make sure.

That aside, the issue you have is most likely generic to all TV boxes and it sounds like you're describing pixellation & picture breakup? In which case, I'll wheel out my stock answer to all such queries:

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Interference on watching some channels

Morning @BigT88

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - we are sorry to understand that you've been having some issues with your TV channels recently. I have been able to locate your account from here in order to run a few checks - however, we may be limited with what checks we can run without some more information from you 🙂 

You advise you are getting the issue mainly on HD channels - any channels in particular? 

Can you explain what you mean by interference? Do you  have a picture of the issue at all? 

I can see from your account that it's been almost 2 weeks since the V6 was rebooted; I am seeing some signals that are out of spec and some errors - if you could reboot for us to see if the errors clear from this end, that would be great. If they remain after the reboot, we'll most likely need to get a technician to check the signal levels at your home.

Please also check the cables are all nice and finger tight.

Keep us posted

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos