Menu
Jojojo111
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Installing new TiVo box problems S310

I am trying to install my new TiVo box but during installation it is coming up as unsuccessful with a S310 code. I have tried checked all the cables (I do not have broadband in my home, only TV), I have phoned Virgin and got the automated help, that ran a check on the system and says it can’t see any problems but would run more checks. As instructed by the automated help, I turned my box off for 10 minutes then restarted but still getting S310 error. I tried putting my old box back on and it is working fine (except for the buzzing noise, hence the need for a replacement). I can’t get through to any technical support person, only this automated help, and that can’t fix my problem. Can anyone help, please? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Installing new TiVo box problems S310

If your old box still works then your new box has not been activated. You should call the activation line number that should be in your documentation to get this done.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jojojo111
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Ernie, in the booklet it says it is an automatic activation? So do I still need to phone a number? There is no number on the box or on the leaflets? 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jojojo111,

The Activation number is 0800 953 9500.

You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks