Menu
T1V0
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ITV Hub - have to reset Tivo every time

The only way I can access programmes on ITV hub is by resetting the Tivo box every single time I want to browse or view on demand services. It's incredibly frustrating! Am I missing something in the reset process? Any other experiences/advice? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: ITV Hub - have to reset Tivo every time

If you have VM Broadband as well as TV, & have one of the older TiVOs then you now have an uphill battle. The old 10Mb modems in these are now having to cope with more IP based content, plus the processing power is running at its limit.

So if you have one of these:

Older TiVOOlder TiVO
I would see about swapping out for a V6. They are far better boxes & use your VM hub for IP services.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you don't want a V6 (and the VM broadband required for the V6 to work) consider a streaming device such as a Roku or Fire TV stick which have the ITV Hub app. Here's the full list of supported devices.

https://help.itv.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000562353-Which-Connected-TV-devices-are-supported- 

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
T1V0
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I think you've hit the nail on the head, thank you. We have VM Broadband and a V6 box in a second location so I'll see about getting an upgrade.
0 Kudos