Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I need a replacement update tv box

Please could I have some information on how to update my old box due to it not having channels eg Prime on and being slow please

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I need a replacement update tv box

The Virgin V6 is a much newer, quicker box and does support far more apps, Amazon Prime included. The big difference though, is you need to have Virgin broadband in order to have the V6 - do you?

The best way to proceed is to start to price up a new package with whatever combination of channels & services you want, and then call up VM with a view to re-contracting for 12/18months in exchange for a box-swap and new bundle deal.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for reply, yes I have Virgin broadband and I have only just up dated. Virgin was so quick at updating but have not answered any of my calls since then. I'm very disappointed as I have been with them for years.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It sounds like you've changed your package fairly recently, and that would have been a good opportunity to ask for a box-swap to a V6.

If it was in the last 14days, you have a cooling-off period during which I would suggest you call VM and discuss this. You could ask for a box-swap now, or offer to cancel the bundle deal you've signed with a view to renegotiating a new one that does include a swap. The chances are, they can do this for you - but you'll have to specifically ask.

If it's gone beyond 14days, then you can ask all the same, but won't have the option of cancelling the deal.

The phone queues are quite lengthy at times currently, some people report success earlier in the day. Unfortunately, this is not a query that can be resolved online or via this forum - you will need to call. Good luck!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou
0 Kudos