Menu
rickgreen
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am stuck in hospital and my wife has told me she cannot watch tv

Hi, I am very unwell in hospital and my wife tells me she has been unable to watch tv for days now. She has tried to resolve the issue but cannot get past the bots. Please help. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am stuck in hospital and my wife has told me she cannot watch tv

Hi rickgreen,

I'm really sorry to see you are very unwell in hospital. Hoping you on the mend very soon.

We really need more info so we can try to help your wife with the TV problems.

It might be easier if she gets in touch on this thread and describes the problems and any error messages she is seeing.

Hopefully one of the Forum Team will pick this up for you, but they will need more info

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
rickgreen
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I’m afraid my wife would not know a lot of answers. I can supply out address and phone number if that helps. I think our box has a fault as it keeps rebooting by the sound of it. Maybe if I could get a phone number for her to speak to a real person. 

0 Kudos
rickgreen
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My wife has told me she gets nothing on the tv screen and all the lights on the front of the TiVo put on a light show and then the TiVo says starting up and then it just goes through the same routine repeating. Hope that helps a little. It would be nice to get this resolved as my wife is finding the evenings very quiet and boring with no tv. 

0 Kudos
rickgreen
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Would there be anything else I can do to get her in touch with the right people please?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

A rebooting box could be a fault of itself, or indicative of another fault.

I would advise your wife to call Virgin - 150 from a VM landline, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

Follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
rickgreen
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that reply. I think my wife tried that and said all she got was an automated system and it said there was no fault on the line. Sorry to be a pain but I feel useless from my hospital bed. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sometimes the automated system will attempt remote diagnostics and then drop the call - calling back 10-15 minutes later should then give her the option of speaking to an agent.

We can flag posts for VM staff attention, but that's only going to help if your wife is able to use this forum. I think she'll be better off calling directly if that's at all possible.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @rickgreen,

Thanks for posting on the community, I'm really sorry to hear you're currently in hospital, wishing you all the best and that you're feeling better soon.

I'm sorry that your Wife is having a few issues with the TV service. I'm going to pop you over a PM so I can look into the status of your services for you and find out what's going on.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Beth

rickgreen
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Massive thanks to everyone involved in getting our TiVo swapped over and my wife able to watch tv again.