Menu
MJD1791
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How to report a broken TiVo?

I’ve been trying to speak to a human at virginmedia for two weeks now to report that our TiVo box isn’t working. 

I think the hard disk has gone as it was making a loud noise for a couple of days and is now permanently stuck on the green screen saying there is a serious dvr fault. 

How can I report this to VM and presumably get a replacement box when they don’t answer any phone calls or messages.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How to report a broken TiVo?

Hi MJD1791,

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

If you try calling again it's  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 Faults,but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Or you can hang fire here and wait for one of the Forum Team to pick this up, but it may take a day or two.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
MJD1791
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I’ll give the text messaging a try. I tried the 0345 number this afternoon twice and both times gave up after being on hold for 15 mins...

0 Kudos
MJD1791
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just to report back on this...  

I used the text service and got a response within about 12hrs. They asked me to do all the usual unplugs and replugs of cable, hdmi & power etc and eventually conceded that the box was broken and have ordered another one for me. 

Overall a very frustrating experience and about 3 weeks to sort from start to finish, with lots of time wasted on the website trying to find a solution and numerous times being on hold on the phone for “customer service” but never getting connected. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again MJD1791,

I agree with you and the numerous other posts on here that it's extremely frustrating actually managing to contact somebody, however I'm pleased you've managed to get a response and also that a new box is going to be delivered.

One word of caution going forward. When you receive your new box you might need to call 0800 953 9500 to get your box activated.

If this happens you will need the serial number of the new box and also your account and area number.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos