forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Gerrit
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How to play bookmarks after Tivo reactivation

Virgin wrongly deactivated our Tivo yesterday. They have reactivated it today. However, we cannot play any of our bookmarked programmes in My Shows anymore; all we can do is delete them. How can we get these shows back to play/view them? Note that our recordings are fine; my question concerns bookmarked (catch-up?) programmes only.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to play bookmarks after Tivo reactivation

What happens when you try to play them? Are the bookmarks in the "No longer available" folder? This would mean the asset is no longer available.

Or do you get an error message playing them?

Can you find the programme via search, and recreate the bookmark?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gerrit
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If I try access a recorded program, there is a list of options with 'Play', 'Delete', 'Explore this show', etc. For the bookmarks the options are 'Delete', 'Bookmark in My Shows', Explore this show' and 'Modify this Series Link+'. The 'Play' option that used to be at the top of the list (and is there for the recordings) is missing now, so I don't get any message.

Regarding finding the program via search, for the BBC I know there is iPlayer (terminally slow, so I don't use it much). Is that what you mean? But I don't know of any equivalent for ITV, which is where some of our bookmarks were from.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Gerrit wrote:

If I try access a recorded program, there is a list of options with 'Play', 'Delete', 'Explore this show', etc. For the bookmarks the options are 'Delete', 'Bookmark in My Shows', Explore this show' and 'Modify this Series Link+'. The 'Play' option that used to be at the top of the list (and is there for the recordings) is missing now, so I don't get any message.

When I referred to searching, I meant using the "search & explore" option that you get via "Explore this show". Deleting and recreating the bookmark is probably the way to go, here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Gerrit
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@japitts: First: I really appreciate your help. Now: if I go into "Explore this show", I get a menu with options "Get this show", "Upcoming", "Episodes", "Cast" and "If you like this...", but not "search & explore". Under "Episodes I can see lists of episodes for various series, but nothing I can click on to actually view anything. If you are sure about this "search & explore" option, can you be any more specific about how to access it? Or is it only available for some shows/programs? An example of what I am looking for is "Heathrow: Britain's Busiest Airport".

In the main "Home" menu there is a "Search & Discover" option, but if I go in there and search for a series, it gives me the same information again that I have a Series Link, etc. but no option to view any programs directly. It is starting to look like I'll have to wait for the programs to be repeated before I can view them.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Doesn't sound like you're doing much wrong, and "search & explore" is the TiVo search that it sounds like you're using. Sometimes the exact menu options differ depending how each programme is listed.

For "Heathrow", there's something a little odd. The episodes aren't individually listed, but if you go under "get this show" and then "Get from On Demand", all of the last Series 5 are available.

For 3 more days - get watching!

0 Kudos
Gerrit
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I would love to start watching Heathrow, if only I could! However, I still think there is something wrong with our set-up. As a possibly/probably related matter, if I go to "Home" and then select "Catch Up", there is only a blank screen, not the "By Day", etc. menu I expected from Virgin's video on their website or the "Search", "Trending", etc. menu that the text one website (How to use Catch Up TV | Virgin Media) shows. Does that provide any clues as to what is wrong?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Two things that might give your box a gentle "nudge"..

1: Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to Virgin Media now

2: Find any non-BBC (that's the iPlayer app) programme in the backwards EPG (TV Guide), press "OK", "watch from catchup". Does this play ok?

0 Kudos
Gerrit
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hooray! Ran another couple of tests (On Demand TV Not Working | Virgin Media), which suggested re-starting the Tivo box. Did so and everything including On Demand and "Watch now" for bookmarked shows is working again. Obviously the re-start on Monday had not re-set all of our settings. Thanks again all for helping me to look in this direction.

0 Kudos