cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel sky sports online

stevegilmour
On our wavelength

Hi there,, I'm trying to cancel my 30 days rolling sky sports subscription online but cannot find any way to do this. Noone is available on the live chat except if your trying to upgrade.. (a bit naughty). Is there a way to do this online without speaking to anyone  Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi I'm afraid not you have to phone.Regards Micky

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sort answer, unfortunately not. Cancelling premium channels has to be done via telephone-CS

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your help. It's ridiculous especially in todays technology that you have to phone, press umpteen numbers, when you eventually get through you have to go through security questions then explain why your cancelling....blah blah blah. Whereas you could just log into the app and press a button to cancel and another to rejoin the 30 day rolling contract. I get the feeling that they want to make it as hard as possible to cancel even for the monthly contracts  Waste of manpower if you ask me and unnecessary expenditure but what do I know I'm just the customer... Thats my rant over  thank you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely correct IMHO!

Immediate switch ON but 30 days to switch OFF!?

Having to use the phone help to do so (which is 'pathetic' -unless you get a UK answer!) adds to the 'make it inconvenient and awkward' that appears more and more of late to be the VM policy!!!

Cannot believe that it isn't just a computer account electronic 'switch'?

Just another way to collect 30 more days payment!!!  … ZvnK ...

'It's ridiculous especially in todays technology......'

nothing to do with the availability of technology. companies want you to phone in so they have control over your intended decision to cancel something by convincing you to keep the product, maybe at a reduced price.

it's business.

Thanks James for your reply. It's ridiculous that virgin cannot do what Netflix and Amazon do by simply cancelling your membership in the app as I do when my workload is heavy and I don't have time to watch. When amazon started they tried to make it very difficult to put a temporary halt on services and they suffered a huge backlash 

Thanks

Sieve

Would be nice if VM accepted that we have sky sports ro watch LIVE sport not repeats. They should therefore offer to cancel all sky sport channels until LIVE sport is back.

PIGS MIGHT FLY or TURKEYS VOTING FOR XMAS !,,

Anonymous
Not applicable
that would be something Sky need to agree to. Its Sky you are paying for the channels. If VM refund it and Sky do not agree then VM still have to pay sky

Why don't they offer free movies from the Virgin Store as they seem to be doing with Virgin Mobile (I think}.