Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How much does each service cost from Virgin

I have been trying to find out if there is a price list of all the individual services that Virgin offer with no luck. I see bundle prices but not individual prices. eg: telephone, broadband, tivo, 2nd box, boosters, HD channels, Basic tv channels etc etc.

I am wanting to change or end my contract if I can't find out any details. I have been on chat with an agent but they were no help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: How much does each service cost from Virgin

No there isn't. That is because VM sell services in bundles with vary levels of discounts depending on the services you you take. You will see a price for just broadband or just phone (for example) if you look on the VM web pages. Also prices for additional add on packages like TV channels. But that's it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That's what I thought.
I have found out that I am paying for boosters which I was told were free and also for an extra Tivo box in the bedroom that I said I didn't want but had to have as it was part of the package. Its turned off most of the time as it makes noise through the night.

I reduced my tv package to the same as freeview and still I think I'm paying too much.

I would have liked a list of prices and bundle prices as an option but it seems its not to be.

I am also paying less than my sister who has all the HD channel not including sports and movies.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Boosters are only free in certain circumstances, where a tech on a home visit thinks they are needed or you on a particular VM bundle. You don't have to have any services you don't want. Phone VM, select the thinking of leaving option and see what they will do for you. And of course if you have fewer services than your sister you will pay less.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

When I was trying to cut my charges down I asked if there was anyway of reducing the cost of the phone as its never used. I was told there wasn't as I was on the basic telephone option. I have just checked and it appears I am on Talk More Anytime.

I think I need to leave Virgin. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, my mistake. She is paying less than me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Let me be honest. I think you are just chasing your tail and not getting down to doing what is necessary to get this sorted out. This Forum is not the place to solve your issues, as far as I can see. We can endlessly discuss VM's pricing and who gets what and what they pay. I have a bundle which is hardly changed in years. And I am very satisfied with the price. 

You obviously know what package you have - and you can always confirm this by logging into My Virginmedia.  Get onto VM and start negotiating for what you want. If you don't get it at a price you want to pay then leave. That is your right as a consumer. 

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

With Talk More Anytime you are probably getting some kind of discount. VM are actually not allowed to show seperate line rental charges now due to an OFCOM ruling.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I will be doing that but thought I'd ask if there was a list of prices and as you say, there isn't.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You can get ball-park figures by using the "build a bundle" site here 

It won't give you a per-service breakdown once you have a bundle, as discounts take effect. It will also quote "new customer" pricing which you won't necessarily match as an existing customer - but if you want ball-park approximate figures for your chosen combination of packages, it's the best you'll get.

0 Kudos