Menu
KevinMay
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

How do you bookmark a show?

I have had a book of tips through the post from Virgin Media. It says I can 'tag' shows and series from On Demand and Netflix so they get listed in My Shows. To do this I need to bookmark them in On Demand. Well, I've gone to On Demand, and then drilled into random series and episodes, and can't find any reference to bookmarking. I've tried on the web browser and the directly using the Tivo box. (On the browser, a search in On Demand couldn't even find a Netflix show I looked for). Any ideas?

Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do you bookmark a show?

Hi KevinMay,

Thanks for posting.

Yes when you select a program from On Demand you should have various options such as Watch Now, Bookmark in MyShows, Explore this show. Are you seeing the same options?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
KevinMay
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,
I've checked again: when I go to On Demand using my Tivo TV box and use the search facility to find a show there are no options, except that you can then select episodes, which just start when selected. When I'm signed in to TV Anywhere in my tablet's browser, there are a few options in On Demand but again no mention of bookmarks. I have now also tried the TV Anywhere app on my tablet. Finally, if I go into On Demand, then select an episode, then the Get This Show link, I get an option to bookmark, though this is a different and much more involved way of bookmarking a show than was described in Virgin's new 'Big Book of Knowledge'. The book doesn't say you can only use bookmarking through the app.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi KevinMay,

On the TiVo® box go to On Demand then search for a program. Select the program from the list, then select an episode. Once you've done this, you will be given the option to Bookmark In My Shows. You can then either bookmark the episode or the series.

Hope this helps! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
KevinMay
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Regrettably, Josh, this doesnnot work for me. I have followed your instructions precisely. All is well until I select the episode I want at which point the programme just starts. If it's a Netflix show, Netflix launches; if it's BBC then the BBC iPlayer launches. There is no options page. Maybe my account needs a Setting changed by Virgin?

Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi KevinMay,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Would you be able to describe each step you take when accessing the On Demand program and what you see on each screen? I'm sorry, I know this is a pain but it will really help me to understand what's going wrong.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

When you say you are selecting an episode, which button are you pressing? Play, OK or the right arrow?

0 Kudos
KevinMay
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This is what I'm clicking on my Tivo remote:
Home...On Demand...Search...Found and selected a show...Selected an episode...The episode starts. I use the OK button to do all this.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Try using the right arrow at the end instead of OK and see if another level of menu comes up which allows you to Bookmark.

0 Kudos
KevinMay
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the idea but the right arrow just made the show start as well.

0 Kudos