Menu
bjemclean
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How do I cancel my Virgin Media service (moving home)?

Hi

I'm moving house on 26th August 2020 and where we're moving to doesn't have any Virgin broadband service so we need to cancel our contract. I've tried calling and was told by an automated service follow a link online to do it there. The link then tells me to call up to cancel so I'm stuck in a Catch 22. I've tried the online messaging service and no one is responding, I even tried filling in a complaint but they've said it can take up to 28 days for them to reply. I'm trying to notify Virgin now so that I can give them the 1 month notice required, but I'm struggling how to notify them. Please could someone advise me on what to do?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I cancel my Virgin Media service (moving home)?

Hi bjemclean,

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can either call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111 again, go through the thinking of leaving us option, 1,1,4,4 

It's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues, and the lines are open 7 days a week

or write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

If you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
bjemclean
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Dave - I’ll try calling again early like you said and failing that try the other two options.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Your welcome bjemclean,

a few words of advice if phoning, or waiting for a reply on the text option -  grab yourself a humongous amount of drinks and food, 2 ash trays in case you smoke (even if you don't you might start), and the best of luck going forward in your new home.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
bjemclean
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave - you're right this waiting is driving me to smoking. I can't believe how they've just abandoned their customers during the Covid outbreak. The text messaging service was asking me loads of questions yesterday but now gone cold - fingers crossed they get back to me soon.

0 Kudos