Menu
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Horizon 4 RDK

Hi 

Are you due to upgrade your tivo platform to horizon 4 rdk this month?

I did read back in February that your upgrading tivo to horizon 4 rdk in the 2nd half of 2020. Which would be June. Is it still going ahead as planned? 

J.H
0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Horizon 4 RDK

There are no announced plans for the migration to Horizon.

PS The second half of 2020 is July - December but the current situation may well be putting the move further away.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I wouldn't be surprised if virgin media decide to keep tivo permanently. As its good reliable system. I do actually like and use tivos wishlists very heavily for planning recordings from actors & directors in advance 🙂. I would hate to lose the wishlists 🙁. I would like to see tivo stay for good. My attitude is if it isn't broke don't replace it 🙂. I just heard rumours about horizon 4 rdk. I did query horizon 4 rdk with virgins text support team. Apparently theirs no plans for horizon 4 rdk. 

J.H
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'm under the impression that virgin media's horizon firmware will be loaded onto our existing v6 tivos 🤔 their tv tech support team advised me that our v6 tivos will be receiving an update on 3rd September. The guy I spoke to. Asked his supervisor. Who advised him 3rd September. I don't think it would be cost effective for virgin media to pull all their v6 tivos out of service. It would make sense to load the horizon firmware onto their existing v6 tivos 🙂

J.H
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

An update to the TiVO/V6 firmware is in the process of being roilled out in some areas now (upgrading to version 20.10.1.RC21).

The new TV platform rollout now being offered to customers requires replacement boxes:

https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/befirst 

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting me know 🙂. So are the existing v6 boxes keeping tivo for their firmware? 🤔 I doubt I will take virgin up on a new box. I'm happy with my current v6. It's got lots of recorded movies saved on its hard drive. Also I can't be bothered having to fath around putting my wishlists into a new box and watching recordings from scratch. Hopefully virgin will roll out horizon onto their existing v6 boxes 🤔. It seems a waste of money sending out new boxes. When their existing v6 boxes are capable of running horizon 4 rdk 🙂

J.H
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

With the number sequence being used I would say the existing boxes are getting a TiVO update.

The new TV system has already been released in Ireland. You can take a peek at their support site here:

https://www.virginmedia.ie/virgintv360support/ 

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

To be honest it would make sense for virgin to keep tivos software & firmware on their v6 boxes. I'm quite happy with the tivo operating system. It does what I want. I'm happy with the wishlists & series links and 1TB hard drive it plenty for me and does what I need. I have a lot of movies recorded that I haven't watched yet. I wouldn't wanna lose them 🙁. Hopefully virgin will keep their tivo operating system for many years to come 🙂

J.H
0 Kudos
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi

One of my V6 boxes has just received new firmware 21.10.1.RC21. The other one hasn't 🤔 Is their a reason why one has only received the update? Also what has the update brought to the box? I can't see any difference 🤔

J.H
0 Kudos