Menu
sandic
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Help geting an engineer, Tivo box not working since November

Our elderly 81 year old neighbour (who is also deaf) has had to re-boot his tivo box nearly every night since end November

He does not have internet, so cannot log on to check his service online.  Is desperate as unable to contact Virgin by phone, sits on phone for 2 hours and then is cut off..  has used the text service to no avail.

We have checked all the wires as suggested, re-booted switched off at the plug done everything as advised.  

I talk him through re-booting every day... but am not sure what to do next.  His TV screen is working as his dvd player works fine and the picture is beautiful, a neighbour tried a freeview box and that worked .  He had an engineer in November and since that visit the TIVO box is constantly failing

How can we get him an engineer, who can I contact ?  We have tried calling virgin when someone is with him but just cannot get through, never mind get to security.  I am happy to private message his phone number, he has given me permission, he is in NW London.. any help that anyone can give would be appreciated

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
sandic
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin box distorted

Very impressed that you managed to get through on the phone, we have been trying to get an engineer for our 81 year old neighbour and everytime we get on the phone we wait for an hour or so and then the phone cuts off,  trying to arrange an engineer for him as same problem as you had, and he is also deaf but have tried the texting number and the main helpline to no avail,  Would be grateful for any suggestions, as he has had a non functioning tivo box for months.

There does not seem to be a separate number for fault for  deaf or disabled people, hence we are trying to help

His neighbours tried all the suggestions with checking the cables everywhere.  I have talked him through re-booting the box which we do daily.

I would just like to be able to arrange an engineer to come 

thanks Sandi

any suggestions would be hugely appreciated, 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi apart from getting through, as you are not the account holder it will be difficult for virgin to deal with you, can he manage to pass security then pass the phone to you to raise the issues with them, I will flag this post in the hope a virgin person will respond on here. Regards Micky
sandic
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

He can pass security - but has not got the patience nor the capabilities to sit on the phone for 2 hours and then get cut off again.  Just wondered if there was a  different telephone number for someone who is disabled/81 and deaf ?

He's been trying every day for over 3 weeks.. we sent a text as advised , but have not heard back..

The box has not worked since November, he had an engineer who tried to fix his signal and did not succeed, and the problem got worse after he left ...  he is getting a little desperate that's why we are all trying to help.       He does not have a computer nor a smart phone so cannot do webchat or email

Thanks for your help  Sandi

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I would have suggested using the text message service, but since you've already tried this.

@sandic  issue has been flagged by another VIP user to the forum team, but I can't guarantee how quickly they will be able to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help geting an engineer, Tivo box not working since November

Thanks for the post Sandic.

If you're able to pass security on the account we can look into this, if you can't pass security we can still take a look but cannot confirm any details.

I'll pop you over a private message now.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
sandic
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help geting an engineer, Tivo box not working since November

I have tried to reply, keep getting message fails authentication

0 Kudos