Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Help-TIVO box isn't working though all lights are lit up- no picture or sound

Hi,

My TIVO box for a while hasn't been working. The on the TV screen I see the message "Starting up...." and that where it stays and stayed for a the last few weeks.

-Tried changing HDMI slots, switching off and on the box.

-Used the online test and it says my Tivo box is offline and to switch it on, though it is switched on.

I have had to rely on my broadband for TV and now I have almost used up my allowance. Could you please help sort it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help-TIVO box isn't working though all lights are lit up- no picture or sound

Hi

Looks like your HDMI and power are ok. But check your RF signal input (should be a white fly lead) make sure its screwed up and finger tight. Just like the one on your broadband hub. A lack of RF signal will pause the start up as described.. So as the box hasn't been connected for a while is the cable still connected all the way back to the box on you front wall outside.

If you've had to connect the fly lead at any point reboot the set top and it will boot up fully.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help-TIVO box isn't working though all lights are lit up- no picture or sound

I have followed your advice and still not working. Says "Starting up...." but nothing happens after. I'm in a firstfloor flat and I can see the cable come through the wall and it looks secure. So not sure what else to do. Any further advise?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Is the cable connected still in the box on the outside wall, it may have been disconnected at some point. if so there is nothing else you can do your self. And a visit will be needed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This does sound like potentially the Hard Drive within your TiVo box has an issue and your box may need replaced. This can be done by contacting our Customer Service team via Live Chat, who will arrange a replacement to be sent out to you.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As far as I can tell, the cable is still connected. Not sure whether it has been disconnected elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Looks like your going to need a visit as either the set top needs replacing or the feed needs reconnecting. You may be able to arrange for a box to be posted to you via our Customer Service team via Live Chat, if.not.they will be able.to.book a visit. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for this. At the moment I'm unable to get in touch with the customer services as the live chat is also not active. Any 'life chat' is a series of automated question and answers leading me back to here. Any advice?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I am a tech for VM after reading the other replys it looks like you need a visit however our teams are really busy I know you have attempted to get in contact so if you can send me a direct message with your account number and area code I will get a visit booked for you.

Thanks

Neil Tech 71484 Manchester  

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos