Menu
mysticxmeg
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hayu - amazon firestick

I have just upgraded my Virgin Media to now have broadband/a new TiVo box

I want to watch Hayu but I'm aware Virgin have removed this option, and I don't have a smart TV

I have now made an Amazon Prime account and I want to buy a Firestick so I can subscribe to Hayu through Amazon and watch it using my TiVo box but will this work?

It's all becoming very confusing and I don't want to waste money on a Firestick if it isn't going to work

Thanks

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hayu - amazon firestick

As long as you have a spare HDMI socket on your TV, then the Firestick will work.

It's a separate device on your TV's input menu in the same way that DVD player or games console would be.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
mysticxmeg
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah ok so I wouldn't access Hayu through my Virgin TiVo box at all, it would be like a completely different screen 

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes.

The Firestick has it's own remote so you'd use that when using hayu or other apps on it.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mysticxmeg,

If I were you I would hold off buying a  firestick. Just now they are full price. Amazon keep having flash sales on the firestick, they were only £19.99 two weeks ago. It seems they have been reducing them to half price every 5 or 6 weeks, so maybe keep an eye on the website and save some money.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
mysticxmeg
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I know I saw that on Amazon too but I've just bought same day delivery from Argos as really want to watch Hayu today 🙄

Thanks for replies everyone