Menu
dom1105
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

HMDI to Projector - no sound!!!

Hi, I have recently switched from Sky to Virgin... over the weekend I tried to connect by Virgin box to a projector in my garden via HDMI cable. 

The picture and sound were fine on all terrestrial TV channels, but when I tried to watch a channel as part of the subscription (BT Sports) there was no sound at all, and the picture kept jumping?

Do Virgin stop connecting their channels to a projector? I never had this issue when I used it through Sky. 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HMDI to Projector - no sound!!!

Hello dom1105

Thanks for taking the time to contact us in regards to your projector and problems viewing certain content. We appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

It's certainly a strange one that it works with certain channels but not others, it may be that the set top box 'see's' the projector as an external device and prevents the subscription channels from being viewed. This is based off of the channel and a way to prevent recording.

There may be a way to change this in the settings of the projector or by contacting the manufacturer directly.

Rob

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HMDI to Projector - no sound!!!

Simple answer.

The projector is not HDCP 2.2 compliant.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks