Menu
Valmai
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HDMI cable

Have received replacement V box as old one was faulty but the HDMI cable I already have does not fit the new box. The slot is a different shape. Can I get a new one free from Virgin? If I have to buy one how do I know what size connection to get and could I get it from Amazon.

Any help gratefully received as am having to use box on which picture keeps breaking up with brightly coloured shapes.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: HDMI cable

All ends on the HDMI cables are the same size.

Are you sure you aren't trying to put the cable in the usb port by mistake?

Which box did you have? And which is the new one?

You can check the names of the boxes here help/virgin-tv-box 

The pictures below show the back of the TIVO box and the V6 box with the names of the connections/ports indicated.

TIVO boxTIVO boxV6 boxV6 box

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Valmai
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You are a star!!  I don't know which slot I was looking at (sorry, elderly moment there) but have now got new TIVO box set up anda it's doing its checks. Many many thanks.

newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Valmai,

Thanks for the update. I'm grinning like a cheshire cat now that you've managed to find the right place for your HDMI cable.

The box should be ready to  go as it should have been sent pre-activated, but if you run into a problem with the checks and error 7400 then you will need to 

call 0800 953 9500  to get your box activated.

If that happens you will need the box serial number (it will be printed on the barcode label on the box), and your account and area number

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos