Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HD channels breaking up and freezing

Over several weeks have had problems with HD channels breaking up and freezing. Have tried all of the usual remedies ie rebooting the box but to no avail, have contacted customer support on numerous occasions but all their attempts to resolve the problem have failed. Getting extremely annoyed at not being able to resolve the issue and paying for a service that I can't use. Short of cancelling subscription any ideas on how to resolve ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channels breaking up and freezing

If you've rebooted the box once, you can safely discount software issues as your cause, and that leaves signal issues. No amount of resets are going to resolve that until VM investigate & rectify the underlying issue, most likely a faulty box or problem with your cabling.

Either way, VM need to accept this as a fault (which calling C/S should achieve) and either arrange a replacement box, or an engineer visit. Anything else, at this stage, would just be kicking the can down the road. If you're genuinely getting nowhere with C/S by phone, then the forum staff on here work through threads - but it can take a few days (not including weekends)

Are there any particular/specific channels affected, this may help pinpoint the fault further?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No it appears to be all HD channels

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @eltel47 

Thank you for taking the time to post. 

I would like to take a further look into this, In order to do so, I am going to drop you a PM. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos