Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

HD channel pixelated

After having a full outage of all services in our area on the 02/10/20 which was restored a few hours later, my HD channels have been pixelating constantly since with BT Sport and Sky Sports channels being the worst affected (BT Sport is not watchable and no SD alternative). My phone line is also scrambling so much that you can't hear a ringtone.

I have run tests, checked service status and followed steps to restart, tighten connections etc to no avail. This then directs me to contact VM which I have tried by phone, which understandably is overwhelmed at the moment but what is not acceptable is to be cut off constantly with no resolution and being directed back to the online help which is no use. 

After reading other people's posts who have had this issue, I probably need an engineer but how do I even book one with right now??

I pay a huge amount for my package over a number of years as Sky isn't an alternative in my area, and at the moment is not justified. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channel pixelated

@ZainJ wrote:

After reading other people's posts who have had this issue, I probably need an engineer but how do I even book one with right now??

You certainly need to report the fault to VM who can either replace your box or arrange engineer visit.

The best method will be to persist with calling TV Faults - often you can ignore the various automated prompts, and end up in a call queue where patience is the operative word. Sometimes calling back 10minutes after the automated system has tried (and failed) to resolve your issue, can do the trick.

There is the text message service (07533 051809) but that may also take a few days.

VM staff do respond to posts on here, but it's not quick at the moment...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks