Menu
MissT21
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

HD channel pixelated plus W02 code

I am having problems with some HD channels particularly MTV. It has been pixelated for a few months now. I have rang virgin 2 twice this afternoon and was cut off mid conversation. They have said nothing is wrong with the line or box but the channels is still showing W02 error.  The V6 box has been temperamental freezing and having to reboot a lot.

I am so frustrated waiting in the phone queue for half an hour each time, I have tried live chat but it’s not available for technical support.

Any advice? X

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channel pixelated plus W02 code

Pixellation on live TV - assuming you've rebooted your box once - is a classic symptom of signal issues somewhere. It could be a fault in the box itself, it could be a a problem in a connection, or maybe in some cabling between your home & the streetcab. In anycase - that's for (with a couple of caveats) VM to identify once you've reported it.

W02 - as per error code help - is a "loss of signal" error, the next step after a pixellation issue gets worse. At the risk of stating the obvious - any faults agent may say there's nothing wrong with your cabling or box, but something clearly is - did you point this out, and if so - what was their response?

If you're able to check any of the following channels that you also have access to - Animal Planet HD, More4-HD, Sky Documentaries HD, Sky Cinema Thriller HD, Sky Sports PL or Football HD - do these have any issues?

Ultimately - you'll need to report the issue to VM and be a little insistent, that you have a fault, you're not calling up for the fun of it, and VM need to take the appropriate action. In your case, this will likely be an engineer appointment. If you get nowhere with this avenue, VM staff will respond on here - but it may take a few days given that it's now the weekend.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channel pixelated plus W02 code

Hi MissT21

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the W02 error and pixellation occuring on your TV.

Sorry to hear that you were disconnected on your call to us, I assure you this would have been unintentional.

Can you please make sure that the white cable is tightly connected to the back of your TV box and your Virgin Media wall socket and check all other connections are tight?

I'd like to take a look at your account to investigate this TV issue further. I am going to PM you now so that we can pass DPA, please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner.

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos