Menu
Jackiecollins
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HD/BBC2 and BBC4 Recordings Stuttering

You have to record BBC2/BBC4 in HD. Every recording from these channels stutters. All fine on other channels with SD recordings. It is so annoying and would like a solution.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD/BBC2 and BBC4 Recordings Stuttering

You probably have a fault, but one of 2 scenarios...

1: Can you watch those channels live? It may be that the channels are pixellating and/or breaking up when you watch them live, in which case you probably have a signal fault. Reboot your box once to be sure.

2: If you can watch them live, then it may be a hard drive problem - try pausing or rewinding from live TV, do you get problems then? If you do, it's likely to affect all channels & recordings, and get progressively worse until the box fails outright.

Either way - your end result is likely to be VM TV Faults (150 or 0345 4541111) and following the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", you're likely to need an engineer visit or replacement box, depending on whether it's a hard drive issue or signal fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jackiecollins
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No problems with anything else other than BBC2&4 recordings which are forced to HD. Pause, rewind, live on those channels all absolutely fine. Recording on all other channels (mostly SD but some HD) fine too. It seems odd that you say it's a box fault when it only blips on 2 channels? How can a box fault be so very specific? 

0 Kudos
Jackiecollins
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ps I rarely pause and rewind but I tried it to be certain, no problems. I set to record from tv guide usually. One off or series link. Only ever BBC2&4 causing the problem 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BBC2 is often carried in SD around the 860's somewhere, but still.

If we assume that this problem is channel-specific and affects live TV & the resultant recordings, then you should also get a similar problem on some or all of the following channels:

BBC1-HD, CBBC-HD, CBeebies-HD, Paramount-HD, E!-HD, Sky Arts HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, Sky Arts HD, Sky Sports News HD (and a few others)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jackiecollins
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I don't have all those channels on my package. I rarely watch in HD anyway so perhaps I'll have to find the non HD BBC2/4 or give up recording and use iplayer. It's only been happening recently so I wondered if it was a broadcasting HD problem or whether my tivo box was struggling to cope with an HD recording? The box is only on 30 odd % capacity. 

0 Kudos