Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Green screen dvr problem

Tivo box not working now for over 24 hrs! Green screen with dvr detected a problem! Can't get hold of anyone at customer services. (Surprise surprise) Anyone had this problem? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green screen dvr problem

Hi Mounts,

Sorry to see you are having major problems with your TIVO box.

Unfortunately it's a terminal problem as the hard drive has failed.

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page? It shows any local faults and you can also run a test against the box.

By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it - more than likely it won't find a fault and think you are connected, if by any chance it does recognise it's faulty then it may send out a replacement and/or book an engineer.

I know that sounds useless, but you'll probably have to call Faults again (150 from a Virgin landlinebut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues 

But by going through the above the system should recognise that you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up, rather than going through all the automated tests .If that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green screen dvr problem

Just to add into the mix, you can try the text messaging service (07533 051809) which can take a couple of days to respond.

Otherwise I'm afraid newapollo has this spot on, and I can only suggest not giving up on C/S until you get through.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos