Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Green screen dvr issue

I have been trying to get through on the phone for over two hours and the robot thingy never replies.

I have also been trying to get through for over two weeks to reduce my package but this is proving impossible too.

My box has gone into green screen error, it has tried to reset for almost 24 hours to no avail, can I get a replacement box immediately.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green screen dvr issue

Hi Darrenwaring,

Sorry to see you are having issues with the green screen of death which does require a replacement box.

I note you've tried to get through on the phone, unfortunately call queues are long and the best time to call is 8am when the lines first open and are least busy.

You would normally need to go through the faults team, however you also indicate that you want to reduce your package.

You can kill two birds with one stone by going through the Retentions department (thinking of leaving us) they can send out a replacement box, and you will be able to negotiate a new deal with them. You might be able to keep your current package with a discounted price, and they can certainly reduce your package and hopefully give you a good deal on that too.

You can call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, (again but take the thinking of leaving option) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. This will be the more difficult method and it may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green screen dvr issue

Hi Darrenwaring, thanks for getting in touch - apologies for the delayed response.

Apologies for the issue with your box as well. If the great advice from newapollo above didn't help and you still need help getting the box sorted now please let me know - I wasn't able to check using your forum details alone on this occasion.

Unfortunately we're not able to help with new-deals/package changes from here though, for that you would need to call/text.

Tom  

0 Kudos