Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Green Screen of Death?

Had about 2 weeks of the DVR restarting itself..., then taking ages to actually start up, freezing on the ‘Starting up’ page. I’ve usually had to unplug and start again just to get it working. Called the call centre last week and they did something at their end when I just couldn’t to get it to work. 

Today is new. My screen is green and it says

“The DVR has detected a serious problem and is now attempting to fix it. This will take about three hours please do not unplug or restart the DVR. if you have a plasma TV or are concerned about image burning you should turn off your TV for the next three hours. if after three hours the DVR does not restart please call customer support“

Anyone else have this? Is it recoverable? Shall I not bother waiting and just call them now?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green Screen of Death?

Your diagnosis is correct, your box's hard drive has died and needs replacing. Quite why the faults agent you spoke to last week didn't arrange the necessaries then, is worrying. Although sadly not a surprise.

No point waiting the 3 hours - the box is dead. Call faults and get your replacement arranged.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos