Menu
Wagstallion
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Green Screen - DVR has detected a serious problem...

Hi,

Is a Virgin Rep available to help? I have exhausted all resources in trying to contact Virgin presently.
Last week I encountered the ‘Green Screen’ which is constantly trying to start up but to no avail. I’m guessing the hard drive is dead. 

is there anyone who can help?

kind regards

Nathan

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green Screen - DVR has detected a serious problem...

As you have surmised, your hard drive is indeed dead and this will require a replacement box.

The quickest way of doing this is to call TV Faults (150 or 0345 4541111) and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". VM staff work their way through posts on here, but it can take a few days - so persisting with calling through will probably be the quickest.

Perhaps try at different times of the day, I know a few friends who've got through in <5 minutes recently, but also heard some tales of ~20 minute waits.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Wagstallion
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, Japitts

but, being on hold when calling Virgin is costing me a lot of money on my mobile tariff and I don’t have a home phone to use 150. I’d rather wait. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM's published 0345 4541111 number is a landline rate number, and is charged exactly the same rate as a call to an 01 or 02 landline on all UK phones.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Wagstallion
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It’s 55p per min for me on hold, it’s expensive!!

So when I did finally get through after 40 mins, the call cost me £25!!

If I had landline, it would have cost me nothing dialling 150. 

Regardless, I appreciate your help and the matter is now sorted, they sent a new box out. 

0 Kudos