Menu
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: GB News

@snikpoh1973 wrote:
So essentially, still waiting to know what channel No it will be on the Virgin Media platform.

My question remains unanswered.

As has already been stated. It will appear somewhere in the 600 range. On the Sky platform it will be somewhere in the 500 range.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
snikpoh1973
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 22
Flag for a moderator

You said this:-

"I'd imagine somewhere in the 600s, alongside the other news channels."

That's hardly specific or certain. Also, we're getting closer and closer to launch day and still nothing.

So my question remains unanswered in specific terms. Just if's but's and maybe's. 

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 13 of 22
Flag for a moderator

'My question remains unanswered'

and it will until the channel starts. you have been told it will be on the 600 range which is where the news channels are. even knowing right now what channel it will be on is irrelevant as it hasn't started and the channel number does not exist....yet.
0 Kudos
snikpoh1973
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Got it - 626 

GBNews.jpg

0 Kudos
snikpoh1973
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@james of merton: The poster said he "imagined" it would be in the 600 range. Well, doh, so did I, given that's where the news channels are. Hardly rocket science.

I actually asked in my OP, if anybody knew what the channel number would be on the VM platform, and nobody did. So why pretend the question was answered, when it factually wasn't.

In the end I found out myself.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Just to update the thread, from the GB News twitter feed, and their facebook page ...

GB News will launch on Sunday 13th June at 8pm with a special programme "Welcome to GB News"

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ozsat
Community elder
Message 17 of 22
Flag for a moderator

GB News has been added to 626 on VM now

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 18 of 22
Flag for a moderator

The showreel is now running on all TV platforms.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

0 Kudos
snikpoh1973
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

No it's not. It's certainly running on Freeview and Virgin Media, as I've seen them both. But a mate tells me that TVC News is still broadcasting on Sky Channel 515 (as of a text received at 11:49am today, 28.5.21)

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 20 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler

@snikpoh1973 wrote:

@nodrogd wrote:

No it's not. It's certainly running on Freeview and Virgin Media, as I've seen them both. But a mate tells me that TVC News is still broadcasting on Sky Channel 515 (as of a text received at 11:49am today, 28.5.21)

Now why does that not surprise me? Arqiva is uplinking the channel to Astra, & Sky has to provide the EPG data stream for the channel to appear on Freesat, which it has. Yet it’s not providing it on its own platform.

Obviously they don’t want this competing channel getting too much publicity on their platform before they launch.

0 Kudos